September 6, 2008

Do you have a buttermilk poundcake in your desk?

Howdy!

I'm back again. Let's hope this becomes a habit because I do want to keep sharing with everyone. Last time we had dinner together; today we're making dessert.

This is a very simple poundcake that I'm often requested to bring to work for birthday celebrations. In fact, one of my co-workers regularly asks me, "Do you have a buttermilk poundcake in your desk today?" (Kimberly, you make my day!)

Anyway, the beauty of this recipe is that it's so quick and easy to whip up the evening before and won't interfere with everything else you have to do - don't you wish you could say the same about laundry?

My only suggestion is this: when it's time to cut the cake, grab a slice for yourself because it disappears quickly!

Buttermilk Poundcake

2 sticks of butter (I like to use the real thing - hey, if you're going to eat cake, may as well go the distance)
4 large eggs
3 cups sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 cup buttermilk
3 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt

Beat together butter, eggs, and sugar. Add vanilla, buttermilk, soda, salt, and flour one cup at a time. Beat at medium speed for five minutes. Pour into greased and floured bundt pan. Bake at 350F for one hour or until a toothpick comes out clean.

Enjoy with a big blob of butter on top and a glass of milk or coffee.

Happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment