September 25, 2008

I Can't Believe it Fell Off of the Bone

It thrills me to no end to come across a recipe that's a keeper. Inspired by watching a show about barbecue joints in the South, I decided to do something with the pork ribs that were my deep-freezer. I took a leap of faith and randomly looked up a crockpot recipe. Thankfully, it was a winner. My husband mowed them down and then exclaimed, "I'm in Heaven." Later, after sinking into a chair, he breathed, "I'm tired from eating!"

Crockpot Barbecue Ribs

2 - 3 lb. slab of beef or pork ribs (I used pork)
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. black pepper
1 medium onion, sliced
1 14 ounce bottle of your favorite barbecue sauce
1 Tbs. brown sugar
2 Tbs. lemon juice

Rub the ribs with salt and pepper and broil for 15 minutes until browned. Place the ribs and onion into the crockpot. Mix the barbecue sauce, sugar, and lemon juice and pour over the ribs. Cover and cook on low for 8 - 10 hours or on high for 4 - 5 hours.

I used a honey-mustard flavored barbecue sauce since this is what I happened to have in the pantry. They turned out to be so tender, when I stuck a fork in one, the meat literally fell off of the bone!

Happy eating


No comments:

Post a Comment